Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You do what's needed.

Do I look happy as a pig in a poke?


   Alright -- so I forgot to smile for the camera, but I was.  I like procedures and working with my hands.  Here, I'm in the small operating theatre awaiting a patient for endoscopy (which costs $14.30).   I marveled at how what happened next happened.  

   We had just begun when Dr. Bob (the surgeon) backed into the room (so his sterile gloves and front never touched the door) and asked if we were just starting or just finishing.  He was in the large OT in the middle of an exploratory laparotomy, and decided he needed an intraoperative endoscopy.  We stopped, washed the scope, rolled everything into the next room, did the endoscopy, rolled out, washed the scope again, and did our endoscopy.  As with everything here, the entire thing was accomplished without hoopla - you just do what's needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment