Sunday, March 13, 2011

Words, words, words...

Here are 4 kids acting like goofballs.  3 of them mine.


Here are some things we've heard from them this trip:

(after feeding me a bunch of "cookies" made of wooden blocks, sung to a pleasant tune and utterly absentmindedly) "Daddy will be fat. Daddy will be fat. Daddy will be fat. Daaaaadddy will be fat."

"May I go to school? I want to play battle."  (played in the woods next to the schoolyard)

"I'm a panda, and he's a horse - I'm his pet." said in matter-of -fact tones: what could be more natural?

"I love Bangladesh! I wish we lived here."  and less than an hour later...  "I can't wait to go home to Maine"

"What was that?!?"  "A lizard."  "Inside? Cool!"

"Mommy, may I have some more Dal bhat?"  (rice with lentils)

"I smell chocolate."  (I have noooo idea what you mean..... chocolate? what chocolate?)

"We've been playing in the dirt!"  (usually fairly obvious)

"I have 137 chickens!"  (a counting game played while riding the vangari - categories: cows, chickens, goats, dead goats, dogs, cats, ducks, goats with birds on top of them, pigs)


"I can't wait for Shasta!" (central character in The Horse and his Boy by C.S. Lewis - bedtime stories

"Daddy, will you sing me another song?"




1 comment:

  1. Dear Ben and Laura and the 4 delightful Herman imps whose beautiful faces adorn this Blog. I hope you will eventually make a hard copy of your postings and commentary to enjoy when sitting by the fireside in the years to come. How wonderful to hear about your experiences and to see that kids are just kids no matter where on the globe they land. I loved the photo of the colorful sari shop and the countryside. And Laura, you still can wear your salwaar kameez in the USA if you don't mind getting a few stares in the supermarket! (Everyone compliments them as being so graceful with the scarf). I can't wait to hear more. Much much love, Aunt Mopsy

    ReplyDelete