Saturday, November 15, 2014

Nobody here but us chickens


   Walking down the street I saw a vendor selling chickens.  He was ignoring the chickens, yet they were all remaining right there.  I looked more closely and realized why -- each chicken was tied by one leg to a comrade.  It kept them in one place until the vendor needed them.


   Chickens are not, by nature, very bright, nor are they particularly cooperative, so they never will walk in the same direction at the same time.  I think there's a lesson here.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should do that with my chickens here to keep them closer to home! Poor Winnie has such a hard time keeping track of them when i allow them to free range.
    Love you all and miss you. Thanks for the great pictures and updates.
    -Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete