Friday, October 17, 2014

Dhaka



We're in Dhaka! and more than a bit jet-lagged.  I find it hard to think straight, can't do simple math and have no appetite, but I'm happy to be here, finally.  It will improve.  We'll have some photos in future posts when we're a little more put-together.

Tonight is our second night in the guest house.  Tomorrow we will move into our apartment and try to get local cell phones, shop for food and other necessities, etc.  Our country director and teammates have been wonderful, helping us plan and think through everything, and accompanying us when shopping.

I feel like a two-year old.  I don't know how anything works, don't know what most of the sounds I hear are, and don't understand most of what people say.  This is exactly what I was told to expect during training, but it's wild to experience it.

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment